Obstacles - Fight to the finish

Hmm. I've been feeling it has been an uphill climb this week. I have not achieved much and I lost a freelance opportunity. I am feeling a lot more balanced though and I recover faster from these setbacks nowadays. That is perhaps a sign of maturity to be able to face up to your challenges and not let them defeat me. I suppose I haven't had the same drive I used to have a few years back before I went to NZ. I'm trying to figure out what I really want in life and how to get it. The caveat is that life moves on (and quickly) while you are figuring it out (or trying to). It is important to keep on moving (even sideways) when a wall is in front of your main objective. I realize I don't do this very well. I get excited starting a new thing, get through the first part of it lightning quick and then run out of steam when pushing to the end, when there is finishing to be done. When that happens, like it did this week, I just get fixated on fixing that one thing - and neglect all the other important aspects of life. Case in point, this week I was frustrated by not being able to paint a realistic skin texture and could not finish my Michael Jordan project. Instead of working on finding a job, working on another project, or simply plan my day, I ended up trying to relax by spending time on my Heroes 6 game and reading comics. At the end of it, I simply felt more guilty and worried about life. Self-discipline is really what I need. At least I am clocking my 10,000 steps a day...

Step count (past 6 days):
Step count: 11753/10623/8828/22780/7116/6369/18038 - Average: 14251 steps/day
Distance covered: 5.87/5.31/4.41/11.39/3.55/3.18 - Average: 5.61km/day
Walking time: 105/94/79/221/57/57 - Average: 102 mins/day
Weight: 71kg

I'm hoping to address all the problem areas in my life and it is really true that doing a little bit each day/week does add up.
Health - Physical (On it. Maybe do a few more jogs each week). Mental (Try to exercise brain by learning continuously. Watch less TV. Play less games). Spiritual (Read a bit of the Bible before sleeping each day).
Wealth - Career (Be more active in finding interesting work for myself). Financial planning (Set goals and meet someone who is good with $)
Relationship - Family (Be kind to them, especially in their golden years. Take time to be with them, to show you care). Friends (Don't neglect them. Reach out to one each week and at least have one social a week). Love (I don't have time for this now. I need stability in my life).
 




Comments

Popular Posts