Wisdom from Rocky

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!" ~ Rocky Balboa 2006.

Almost 11am in the morning and I'm still tired. I'm sick of being stuck at home. I'm sick of "mum lunches" (mum insists that I eat at home to lessen the "sting" of unemployment). I'm sick of staring at the screen the whole morning, pretending that I actually give a f**k about a job. I have always believed that it is important to have meaningful things to do each day but it doesn't need to be a job. You need to work at something to get that sense of accomplishment but as far as I have seen, most jobs are anything but fulfilling... Yawn. I can't even put a coherent paragraph together. What I feel like doing now? Zbrush, play Civ 5, play basketball, design game character. Better than feeling like sleeping all day like when I was depressed in NZ.

Comments

Popular Posts