Blessed

Righto. It doesn't seem right for me to complain. Sure, my job is challenging but not hopeless and the stresses that plague me go away after a fierce rally. I feel really glad to have a job. Y'know, the feeling of earning your paycheck. Not everyone is so lucky. I met Willy (my friend from Southern Star) on skype today. He's a great animator - with no job. Wasn't because he was lazy, wasn't because he wasn't good. There just simply aren't many jobs for animators. Period. The industry is being killed. Here and worldwide. So what about the thing Steve Jobs said about doing what you love? Doesn't work unless you LOVE making money. The sad thing is that Willy has had no job for a few months now. We both became unemployed at right about the same time. I managed to nail down a job. He didn't. And I look at how much that could have been me. And I feel blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts