Weekend rant

Just came home not too long ago after watching "Man of Steel". Was okay but I think Batman was better. Wouldn't say it was fantastic. But that was it - The weekend is gone. Wasn't too bad - Watched a movie, met up with Philip and Jeng Heng, had a family lunch, so I'd consider it a nice balance of alone, family and friend time. Honestly, I felt quite odd to be at Philip's place because I got there too early and was surrounded by parents and little kids - none of them I knew except for Philip and his wife. It seemed really odd that I was alone there. And then I hear from Jeng Heng that most of my OCS platoon has married and many have kids already. Yeah, yeah, we should not try to "keep up with the Joneses" but I if I were honest with myself, it does bug me - I just try not to think too much about it. My mind drifts through a sea of thoughts, failing to string together a coherent plan. As one builds, it gets washed away by worries, unusual thoughts and sometimes, just some random emergency I need to deal with. Perhaps now is the time that I am being "sharpened" by life in preparation for some other stage in my life, which is an empowering thought that keeps me working hard. The flip-side of this is that I really don't have much to be excited about life now. I'm worried that I have probably given up my dreams or am too tired to pursue them. Ah, I need to sleep now. I hadn't have had a good one for many weeks now since my pillow got changed. But I feel really tired today. Maybe I'll just have a good rest this time.

Comments

Popular Posts