A New Day

An ex-boss (he was a pastor too) of mine once said this - Everyday is a new day. It doesn't matter what has gone on before, or how you are feeling about it now. It is a NEW day today and thus there is an opportunity for us to make good choices, to give of our best and be proud of our efforts at the end of the day...

It is Monday today and it looks like the Kraken and Godzilla teamed up and I have to somehow get through them. I'm still feeling tired though I made sure I had at least 6 hours of rest. I'm just sitting here, rambling away. Long pauses punctuate each line followed by a weary sigh. I did not iron my clothes last night and frankly, the weekend just went by in a blink. Boring, uninspired and tired weekend. I suppose today is one of those days where I'm not feeling it at all. Then it got me thinking that I haven't been practising my contentment drill, which has made me slip into the "What's-the-point?" universe again.

3 Gratitudes
  1. I should be thankful for a job. It can be tiring and all but the long-term benefits mean that I will get more choice over my life.
  2. I am thankful that I had at least one friend to spend time with over this weekend. 
  3. I am thankful that today is a bright new day - Not a gray, freezing winter day.
Journaling - Done.

Exercise - DID NOTHING.
Meditation - Skip.

Random acts of kindness - Bought my sister a tea while I was buying coffee for myself. She didn't ask for it but I knew she wanted one.
 
I realized that a lot of this (the contentment drill) part was cut-and-paste from another blog. Man, is life getting so stale that the tape recorder is stuck =(

Comments

Popular Posts