Silly Childhood Incident

Weekends. It seems like weekends these days are more like off days to lick wounds rather than to recharge. I came home from Malaysia (aerial photo shoot) on Friday at around 4pm and then decided not to go back to the office but rather, work off the last few hours of work at home. Then I simply wasted all the time in between and here I am. Sunday night and wondering where the weekend went.

I don't usually pay attention in Church but this verse made me listen:
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Hmm. I'm now at the point whereby life has become tedious for me. I have been to these places before and each time I look back, it seems silly and wasteful. Like I could have done more with my time and gifts but didn't. 

I look back at my days in ACJC and boy, were they fantastic. It did not seem that way then because I was obsessing over perhaps the one thing that didn't go my way that it made the rest that did seem so trivial...

And then there were my days in OCS, freaking out, worrying about expectations, trying to live up to them, being crushed by them and then slowly turning indifferent. A boy asked to step into a man's role, all the time feeling the fear in my heart...

Lastly, I remember this silly childhood (can't have been more than 10) incident whereby I once accidentally took home a classmate's exercise book. It sounds so trivial now but at that time I was so distressed about it (I thought I would get into trouble because my classmate would blame me for having no exercise book to do homework on). I threw the exercise book into the rubbish chute rather than do the logical thing of returning it the next day. 

Yep. You might think these stories sound quite dumb but the point is, I have to remind myself that a lot of things probably don't matter a few years from now. I have to put things into perspective and realize that life can be awful or exciting depending on how I look at things. Spend more time on the important things, and less on the trivial BS of life.

Comments

Popular Posts