累 - Tired

Been fighting a number of fires at work these few days - nothing that I really want to get into - but the point is that I'm really tired. Haven't really slept well at night because I usually wake up before I am fully rested. I feel sore all over - the muscles ache with stiffness and the bones sing in agony. Okay, that was a bit overly dramatic but I'm just trying to express an idea here. I am typing slowly here. Taking a pause between sentences to compose my thoughts in a somewhat coherent way. And yet, even keeping awake is difficult now. I write what I think and it is a staccato of disconnected thoughts. I think of the old lady who thanked me for giving up my seat to her yeterday. Then I think of this old song (which I kept thinking was called "Laura" but is actually called "Donna" by Ritchie Valens). Song is stuck in my head. Started last night and just keeps playing when the weariness sets in. Then I'm thinking that I should wrap certain things up for the production meeting on Monday. And then I'm wondering if I should finish up my post because it is nearing time for work anyway. Then I'm thinking of how slowly I'm typing and thinking if I am losing momentum - type slowly = think slowly = work slowly. Then the restless drifting continues, and the thought just drift to whatever I see or hear - the A.C.Ryan tablet box, the dribbling of basketball players downstairs, dental floss, alarm clock, half-closed window... Damn, I feel like I need some sleep but am not getting any.

Comments

Popular Posts