Age and Pillows

Where am I now? It is November now and December is soon on the way. I have left my blog for a long time now. Haven't been putting in too much lately and as such, I decided to put in a bit of self-reflection here. I was sick most of Sunday and Monday and there is still a lingering flu. I have woken early today because I slept most of yesterday trying to recover my strength. I've never quite gotten used to the new pillows after mum threw out the old ones. They don't give me a restful sleep unless I am really tired. Perhaps these pillows are a metaphor for something - somewhat like how you get comfortable with something and then something else comes in to replace it, which then forces you to look back on how you took something you had for granted. Somehow, another thought drifts into my mind - Is it the same for me? Always looking at how life can be better or what I do not have that others do? I'm past the 30 mark of life now and you can't help but realize certain things. I'm not so fast, not so strong and the hairline is slowly but surely receding. But I have had these thoughts all my life and rather than focus on what is lacking, I think it would be best for me to simply accept my current position in life. After all, the finish line is the same for everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts