New Horizons

Ah, my blog - home to my heartfelt thoughts. Today I return to this refuge to bring some stillness to my being. My thoughts are all over the place now. I'm old enough for the past to haunt me and yet not old enough to cease worrying about the future. I think back on life's essay.

Is it about what you have written so far? Is life about what you get and not what you want?

Should you be brave, erase everything you have written, and start writing what you truly wish to express? Do you have enough time?

Will what you want to express change? Will it start to look like a bad idea when I have started writing this new thing?

Yeah, questions, good questions at that too. I have now lost my job which I have slaved for for close to 2 years now. I am not terribly upset about it but the uncertainty gnaws at me. Do I give myself some time to re-energize? If I do, then how much? Unemployment ain't so bad if it is not permanent. Look at it this way, each Monday morning I would drag my ass to work and admire the guys playing basketball with nary a care. I thought I could too. But why am I not doing it now that I have every opportunity to do so? 

I need a plan.


Comments

Popular Posts