Vision board

Okay... Vision board time. I had wanted to do this for a long time now and here it is.

The people that I want to be like (no particular order)

1. Hakeem Olajuwon - True, I'll never be 7 feet tall and make a living off my athletic abilities but I think I can still be like him in a lot of ways. He was never intimidated and supremely confident. He invented a move that was pretty much unbeatable (the Dream Shake). He never made excuses and just got on with it - One of his best playoff performances was during the month of Ramadan, when he was fasting. He just went onto the court and DESTROYED his opponents. He is also a man of his word. Former teammate Kenny Smith says of Hakeem "If he said he would be there to pick you up at X time, he would be there". He was also a kind man, who asked the shoe company to price his shoes less expensive because he heard young black men were being murdered for their Jordans.

2. Hideo Kojima - Ah, the Metal Gear series speaks for itself. Kojima believed in himself and his stories strongly, refusing to compromise his writing when he was asked shorten his stories by magazine editors. He was imaginative and his stories and imagination inspired a long line of games that people just fell in love with. Every game was different and had its share of innovation. The story, game play and characters were just simply beautiful. I played Guns of the Patriots 2 years after it was released and it was still one of the best PS3 games I ever played. Salute!


3. George Lucas - I will always admire him for the Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 and hate him for 1, 2 and 3. So strongly talented was this director that he managed to create this dilemma for millions of Star Wars fans. His creative genius is something to be admired. Of course he get points that his best work was also his original idea.

4. Peter Jackson - The director of LOTR has gone from a small backwater ( I have personally seen it) workshop to the best film production company in the world. Everything he has achieved till date is simply amazing. He brought LOTR to the masses, whilst still pursuing his own interesting projects (District 9 and Lovely Bones). King Kong was crap but it only goes to show that he wasn't afraid to try something as long as it was important to him. What spirit!

5. Casey Hudon - Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series. I do not know much about this person but dammit, I want his job. Creating a universe so rich and engaging that it has made such an impact to the science fiction RPG genre. In an age where everyone was just ripping off everyone else, Mass Effect offered a truly fresh experience and game play to all the sci-fi fans out there. If I had to permanently cripple myself to get this gig, I'd think about it.

And... Here are the things I would like to have by the end of 2014:

Visit Angkor Wat.
Buy this cool toy.
And this ones too. =)
And a PS4... which I am not sure I got time to play.

Comments

Popular Posts