Dream vs. Reality

It is a typically moody Monday. I didn't do my run because it was raining AND I had to wash the toilets too (I didn't do it yesterday). I feel rather weak and fragile right now. My future is absolutely uncertain. I am thinking that I have the talent and determination to be a character designer in a game or movie. Or be an inventor, creating awesome, quality things that people would love to have. This is the dream part of me. This is the foolish romance. And yet, something inside me tells me that I should not give up. I know I don't have the full skills and speed of a seasoned professional now but I also know that I'm no scrub. I can play and I can do this. I want to put the work in but then "reality" keeps pushing back. "Reality" tells me that I'm reaching the hump between 30 and 40. "Reality" tells me that I have wasted a lot of time and need to start putting money in the bank for the future - lest I end up a bum on the streets. "Reality" tells me that if I fully commit to chasing my dreams, I might regret and end up broke and washed out at 50. "Reality" tells me that I will endure a lot of "I-told-u-so"s. Yet I do not feel alive if I don't dream. "Reality" will help you make a living. Yet it is "Dream" that will make you feel alive.

Comments

Popular Posts