Effort = heart

I saw two inspirational videos today. One video was of a blind baby that was born with severe physical deformation and the other was a high school runner who had MS (multiple sclerosis) and had to have her coach catch her at the finish line each time because she could not come to a coordinated stop. I think about their fortitude and their determination, their happiness in doing what they do, living for the moment and I think that I have no excuse. If I want my life to be great, then I need to put in the work to make it great. I need to eliminate all the excuses in life. Tired? A girl with MS is at the track everyday. Depressed? The blind baby with a terrible cleft and NO EYES has found a way to be happy. Well, enough said. I just have to plan, focus, and get it done. 

I wrote this in reply to Patrick's post about Gen Y's last night:
"Some are born dogs and some are born wolves. A life that fits a dog does not fit a wolf and vice-versa, but none is better than the other. The most important thing is to know which you are."

I am most definitely a wolf. Not everyone likes wolves - they cannot be controlled and they do what they please. It is a harsh life out there, not knowing where your next meal is coming from. And yet, the wolf has strength, skill and cunning enough to know that he won't be hungry for long. His fangs and claws are deadly weapons as long as he keeps them sharp. The lone wolf kills small prey to survive and scavenges if necessary. He may go through periods of hunger and pain, but he won't be anyone's lap dog. He lives this way because he knows, deep down he knows, that one day he will become strong, find his pack, and master his world.

Comments

Popular Posts