New Year's Resolutions 2015

Well, I should congratulate myself. This is the 8th year that Everythingwillflo is here. I thank God that I am able to live this long, and for the opportunities that He has given me. I'll admit that I'm not the happiest person on earth but I sometimes get to be. I love creating things and I think I would love to do this for the rest of my life. Without too much thinking, here is what I would wish for 2015:

1. Let go of past grievances - Over the course of life, working, friends, relationships and the like, I have hurt people and people have hurt me. I suppose I want to let go of it all. I do not want to keep this grievance in my heart. It is just venomous and largely useless. 

2. Be less prideful - This is perhaps an extension of the above. It calls me to reflect upon my own part in the conflict and perhaps let go of my own insecurities and accept my weaknesses.

3. Be more hopeful - I realized that in the course of my early life - way up till age 20 - I had little failures and I had been blessed to be loved and sheltered by my parents. When I started failing and failing big from 25 till now, I didn't really know how to fix it. I stopped believing in myself and what I can achieve. I grew unfit and depressed. I think I should be more hopeful because up there someone thought of me as important enough to exist. Someone thought of me as important enough to die for my sins. I believe myself to be of some value to the world as such, and while I may not be there right now, I will get there eventually. God has a plan for me and no matter what obstacles are placed before me, I will have the strength to defeat them.

4. Use my time well - Here is the break down:
- 2015 (35 years old)
- 2016 (36)
- 2017 (37)
- 2018 (38)
- 2019 (39)
- 2020 (40)
- 2021 (41)
- 2022 (42)
- 2023 (43)
- 2024 (44)
- 2025 (45)
Yes, i don't have a lot of time to "make it". I have to plan it well, and then run with it.

5. Take control - I shall pray this one everyday:
O God, give us the serenity to accept what cannot be changed,
The courage to change what can be changed,
and the wisdom to know the one from the other  

Comments

Popular Posts