The Art of War - Fighting Blind

Watched a documentary on Sun Tzu's Art of War last night. WAR. The purpose of war is for survival of the state. As such, if I were a state, I would surely be at war now. Maybe here are a few things I need to think about and apply to my personal "war".

1. Armies on death ground fight the most desperately and heroically - In this, I think I am getting there. The desperation part is covered. I am increasingly desperate these day. And being backed into a wall is a great way of keeping focus.

2. Know yourself and know your enemy - I suppose I know myself well by now. I know my weaknesses really well but do you know your own potential? Have you placed limits on yourself that attack your growth? Being sensitive and reflective is good in a way it gives you some humility and also the ability to listen to others. But what about your strengths? Wouldn't it be great to have a great self-esteem to push your potential? Undoubtedly I have a good base layer of skills to build on now. I just need more self-esteem to push it. Body, then mind, then soul - in perfect balance and harmony.

And... There is the enemy. There are many out there in this environment of job seeking. Unfair odds, really boring job ads, ignored applications, callous employers, irritating family members and so on. All these make you feel like giving up and feel inadequate. Life is such that even when you do try your best, your can fail (at least temporary) some times. I have failed time and again these few months and there is no guarantee I won't fail again. However, the question to ask is not "how do I avoid failing?" but "how can I put my best out there?". To do this, you need to know your enemy through:
a) Skirmishes - Engage the "enemy" to find out how they work and move. Use "spies" to probe them, get inside info. Use low-cost ways to obtain info.
b) Avoid attacking the enemy "head on" if possible - Don't just fire of tons of resumes into the battle zone. And for the rest... Well, just run away. Don't engage.
c) Try to "back-door" some more applications.
d) Continue sharpening your weapons/skills

3. Appear weak when you are strong, appear strong when you are weak - Yep. Time to look strong.

Comments

Popular Posts