What to do when you are the last in class?

Damn. It has become really painful to write this. The awful realization that you are the last in class. The worst possible result in every aspect in life. In fact, life has become so burdensome for me that I would rather disappear into nothingness somewhere. Except that I can't. There isn't a place on this god damned earth that I can hide.

Well, instead of thinking about how hopeless everything is, I should rather think about how I can give myself some hope. Make life just a bit happier, just a bit more joy to keep moving on.

1. Do a bit of what you love each day. Read a comic, practice your jump shot, create something, imagine, talk to a friend. Whatever it is. Just give it a go. Things aren't going to change overnight but that little bit each day.

2. Make peace with yourself everyday. Meditate. Sleep. Stretch. Do whatever you need to in order to keep calm and focused. Find coping strategies.

3. Have a plan. Yeah, not "I would like to make a million dollars by my next birthday" kind of shit. It is more like "Okay, it doesn't look good now. What can/must I do to give me a chance in the future?" What assets can I build now?

4. Balance the good life foundation tripod. Physical, Mental and Spiritual. Physical is easy - Just some exercise each day will make you feel better. Mental - not so tough too. Keep your mind calm and task focused. Do what you love and know why you are doing it. Spiritual - Hmm. I know the importance of that inner guidance that becomes the core of your motivations and actions. I suppose I don't have this foundational belief now but I must be patient and hope that maybe one day I may find out what I was born for.

5. Stop comparing yourself with others. Why? This only adds to the pressure of life and will take you away from your goals. Keep the course. Trust your instincts. Who knows that success might just be around the corner.

Comments

Popular Posts