WWW - Friends

Welcome to another episode of WWW! Not the world wide web, but my own What Went Wrong/Well reflection. Okay, so it has been a few emo days but I have not sunk into utter despair, which is good. I visited Sstar with Kuodo yesterday and it brought back nostalgic feelings of being there. Met up with Chun Hsian too. Was great to hang out with friends again. We had vegetarian Japanese (Kuodo's treat), talked a lot, ranted, and even exchanged photoshop tips. Heh. Good times.




What I actually wanted to share today was the importance of friends. They give you objectivity and support at a time where you are really at your wit's end. Just two days ago, Darren gave me a treat and helped me get some software. Small gestures like these really lift you out of the mud. 

And now comes the reflection:

1. What went well?
  • I went out to seek advice on a problem and got new perspectives on it.
  • I had two good free meals (thank you friends!) within 2 days
  • Saw my old boss and she said I still "look the same". Nice, considering I really packed on the pounds since then.
2. What went wrong?
  • I did not exercise for the past 2 days. Really need to RUN!!!
  • I did not apply for a job yesterday. I know all those ads are long shots but without pulling the trigger, not even long shots can happen.
  • I felt really "poor" and I am sick of this.
3. How could you do TODAY to make it better?
  • Continue planning (1 day.1 week. Then one month) 
  • Work harder at getting a job. Follow up on the leads that Kuodo has given you. Re-direct your job search based on his advise. Plan some questions to ask Fabs.
  • Go for a run.
4. Gratitude.
  • I am grateful that I have a comfortable room to work in. 
  • I am grateful for the counsel and support of my friends. It gives me the motivation to press on.
  • I am thankful to have these little problems to strengthen me.



Comments

Popular Posts