YOU

It is Monday morning and I am at work. Waking up for the start of the work week is always difficult, but I am glad that I do not have a sense of dread (not like when I was in DM). I thought about the decisions one makes everyday, and what makes a person happy and successful, as in what makes "YOU" as a person. I have enough years in me to know the consequences of good decisions, and those of bad decisions. And where you are did not happen overnight.

Good decisions
After years of trying and fighting internally about whether to follow my passion, or settle for stability, I am at last on the straight path. Will it last? Only time will tell. But what is for sure is that you can never cheat yourself (Maybe some can, but I can't. Believe me, I have tried). And I realized that deep down, it isn't any big sweeping events that got me here. It was the little things. Doing some photoshop tutorials on an off day. Toying with Zbrush and trying to do something with it. Designing something that you did not care if anyone but you were happy with it. Those moments led me to where I am now. Sure, I'm not super successful, nor am I on top row of zbrush. But I know I can get there. I defined my goal as "being able to show whatever is in my mind to someone else without letting the idea down with poor presentation". In some way I have done this. I have proven that I CAN do it. I just haven't proven that I can do it FAST ENOUGH and CONSISTENTLY enough. Well, that's my next goal.

Bad decisions
Well, the one that comes to mind is letting myself get fat and depressed. Skipping exercise for a week, then months. I let my health slip and never quite got back there. Little things like eating a serving of fruit each day will help. But I really need to get more exercise for me.

Comments

Popular Posts