The long wait


10,000 hours. That is how many hours you need to put in to master something. So if you spend just 2 hours every day on that something, in 5000 days, you would have reached mastery. 5000 days - That would be just under 14 years. I have been doing this for many years already. I believe I have reached my 10,000 hours. And yet, I do not feel I have achieved mastery. I keep telling myself to be strong. To press on. To give it all you have got in your darkest hours. And I do. But the feeling of hopelessness, the despair, the demon of futily, presses upon me like a massive boulder yoked to my shoulders. I have been here before. I have enough experience of this to know that better days are possible. In times like this, I tell myself "Just get through today the best you can. Don't waste it."And for now, I guess this is all I can do.

Comments

Popular Posts