Pile up then decompress

Hey now, just sitting in my chair now knowing there will be a lot to do today.

I feel some kind of dread and weariness for the day ahead. Something like the feeling that you got when you needed to go for a morning run but only got a half-charge the night before.

I acknowledge the feeling. Familiar because I have felt it so many times before. This is a challenge that I face as an intuitive type. It is a double-edged sword. Being an intuitive, I can normally see how things are likely to end up a few steps ahead of time. I always had this sense. I can sometimes sense when an old person was going to fall, or if somebody was going to drop something. I can somehow see that someone will screw up somewhere in a project. 

But what happens if you can't see ahead? When you you can only react and not plan ahead? In a fight, I suppose it would feel like you are taking a pounding, trying to dodge or covering up to withstand the blows as they rain down hard and fast. I used to give up a bit too easy when faced with this. Easy to feel sorry for yourself. Okay, it is fine to be kind to yourself once in a while, but really, this is what I must do:

  1. Make some space - Push hard and get some separation. Hug down to stop the blows from raining. Take a deep breath, and rain some hell yourself. No opponent is more frustrating than a determined opponent that doesn't give up.
  2. Keep calm - Prioritize and set the tasks in order. Write it down, and just do that.
  3. Hope for the best - Often the worst that can happen does not always happen. Have some patience. And maybe things will turn around soon. =)

Comments

Popular Posts