COVID WFH

 

Hour after hour, day after day...

Today it has almost been half a year of work from home (WFH) and I have been sitting in my room for most of my day again. The weather has gotten a bit temperamental and this has in turn triggered my eczema once again. I have tried to get to bed a little earlier last night but I still feel a little tired and worn. I have never been a morning person and the itching at night from eczema makes it more difficult to rest well.

Don't get me wrong, WFH isn't terrible. Although I spend a lot of time in my room now, I think I have a pretty nice set-up. It is a nice workspace from which I can admire my Lego collection from. I rarely work overtime and there is a lot of flexibility working from home. It does take discipline though and I will be the first to admit that sometimes the murky boundaries between work time and personal time during WFH are difficult to separate. Like a striker that cannot play football due to COVID, I am always looking to score the next goal. To do this, you need to prepare, to stay focused and sharp so that when the opportunity comes, you can put the ball into the back of the net. This is made more difficult if you cannot go to the field to practice. All you have is a small room to roll a football around in.

Again, I am not complaining. Despite little struggles along the way, I am happy and have a lot to be grateful for; I just do not feel that I am accomplishing much now. It is plan after plan, without a chance to execute. But that too will pass. Onward!

Comments

Popular Posts