Time

A moment of quiet is all I have before going off to work. I am delaying a bit but the moment of mindfulness here is needed. I also realize this is my first 2021 post.

I recently learned about this concept of time from a BBC documentary which explains why time doesn't travel backwards. There is a lot to unpack here. For one, the precious moments in time that we always take for granted are actually delicately crafted by destiny and should be treasured. Didn't take the chance to show your parents you love them? One day they will be gone. Didn't take the time to work on your passion because you were too busy at work? One day you will sit down and wonder why you didn't.

I am now old enough to miss loved ones who have passed on. I also know that a little time spent each day does help eventually in the long run. It is actually wonderful where I am now (considering all the trials it took to get here). But I am not done yet; I can't know everything and still have lots to learn. It is perhaps good to be aware of how I am feeling now. Frankly, I feel a bit off center and a little flustered but it hasn't been crisis sleepless mode.

 I guess these few points will help:

  1. It is a job. Do your best and contribute. But know that this is not everything. You still have a life beyond it.
  2. Take care of your own shit. This is very important. Cover your bases then help others.
  3. Help others. This is important too. Use your experience to aid others who do not have so many years behind them. Don't do it in a pompous know-it-all way. Just help. If they get better, the whole team plays better.
  4. Ask for help. Even MJ had to learn to "pass to the open man" before he could win a championship. Which do you want? A regular season MVP award with a playoff exit? Or the NBA championship?

Comments

Popular Posts