Childhood Nanny passes away

 

This is another retroactive post. I looked through my blog and my life moments and I realized that there is someone very important in my life that was not there and I am fixing this. Meilan Auntie was my childhood nanny back when I was still a child. My mother went back to work when I was seven and Meilan Auntie looked after me for many of my primary school years. She loved children and treated me with the best care and kindness, even when I was a naughty little rascal. She loved me like a mother would love a son, and for that I am eternally grateful. Even after we were old enough to look after ourselves, we still kept in touch, visiting her every CNY. Her last years were difficult; she had many health problems and was bedridden. When she finally passed in September 2021, I was somehow at peace because her suffering had ended. We bought orchids for her funeral. It was an emotional goodbye to someone who was a foundational part of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts