When in doubt, do the courageous thing

When in doubt, do the courageous thing.

As random parts of the universe decide to reveal their wisdom to me, I came across this quote doing the most mundane of things - I was buying my daily coffee when I saw this on the back of someone's t-shirt. 

It is apt, as I have been facing some difficult choices recently.

  1. XX's father has just passed away (on Sunday, 27/3/2022) and he needs help at his father's wake. He looks exhausted - having to carry most of the burden of all the funeral arrangements by himself. I can be there to help him (even if at times it is tiring). And I should as one of his friends. Friends are there not just for the good times but also the tough and painful moments.
  2. I had to drive back to the shop to exchange a shelf that had a missing mounting bracket. This isn't exactly challenging. But it is annoying to have to deal with this amongst all the other things. However, I did it (even driving into Bukit Merah's death trap car park). And I'm glad I did. I have a new shelf now.
  3. I have been wondering about how a friend is doing with her new job. Yes, I care about her beyond friendship and it could be one-sided on my part but what the heck, no harm asking. I am genuinely interested.

Comments

Popular Posts