Painful Decisions

Sometimes I come to my blog to try to put messy thoughts down. You know they are messy because what typically happens in these post are that I will leave the title blank, pen down my mess of thoughts, and then read through the paragraphs to see what the title should be. Today is such a day. When I am asked if I have any regrets, I think of relatively few case. One was when I was disrespectful to my father when I was young and arrogant (he was gracious enough to just let it go). And probably the second was being too dumb to know someone had loved me until it was too late. Other than that, it was pretty much the best I could do then. Would I have hoped thing could have been less brutal? Yes. But with time, the things that used to hurt no longer do. In fact, adversity reveal the true nature of people - The friends who stick with you. The ones that leave. The ones that betray. And in the end, like a refining fire, the ones left are the most precious ones. THAT is a gift.

I suppose I came here today because I'm struggling with some decision I made. It is one of those uncomfortable ones where I am not sure if I really had to make, but might be better in the long run. I'm definitely crushed by my decision in the short term, and I am not sure what fate will decide later. I doubt it is something I want but if you was to be a stoic, you need to embrace fate.


Comments

Popular Posts