Belonging

I came across this youtube about how some of us feel that we are "behind". This is certainly something that I can relate to in recent times. I don't think it is anything majorly wrong in my life. It is not that things are spiraling out of control. But it does feel that I'm often just in "auto"mode. I go through life okay. Meh. Can't complain/it ain't bad but I don't feel like a winner. I guess that youtube left me with 3 questions that I will try to answer today.

Q1. How do you define success?

This is a tough question to answer. Do I want to be happy? No one can be happy all the time. Most of the time? I do not know. Having it too often could cheapen its value. Besides expecting happiness and failing to get it brings about the greatest pain. Perhaps then I could be more "successful" if I accepted whatever fate I was destined for, rather than pursue happiness.

I do think that if you are successful, you have a measure of self-reliance and independence. Essentially you can the means to contribute, and to help someone in need, or perhaps even inspire them. While I think there is something in there, it isn't really my definition of success.

How about being in "flow" more often? Have something to look forward to each day and be excited about life? That sounds more like it but how can you really define that?

I guess there isn't really a point to defining it. Your heart is your compass; it will point you the way to success. The hard part is knowing how to follow it. 

Belonging. I guess deep down success is belonging. It is a place where you can rest securely and perfectly, and ultimately cannot be taken away from you. It is the place where you are loved just as you are. It is the place where you are in harmony with life and what nature intended for you.

Q2. How could deferred success serve me in the long run?

I think it makes me more appreciative of what I have when I get it, and perhaps, never to be complacent and take it for granted.

Q3. How is feeling behind the best thing that has ever happened to me? 

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. A lot of valuable things can be learned through hardship that you won't normally willingly subject yourself to.

Comments

Popular Posts