Donated blood again

I donated blood yesterday and it felt good to do a bit of good after pretty much spending the last couple of weeks feeling worthless. My last donation was in 2018 and I stopped due to getting diagnosed with high blood pressure. Turns out that I can still give blood since I am only on single medication. I am happy I did it because it felt like the right thing to do. Giving blood, saving lives. I thought about doing it again because of an SMS I received with a appeal for A+ blood.

To be honest, I feel pretty agitated and restless now. I feel like my family invested all that love and care into me and here I am - Feeling I'm not good enough for anybody or for anything. Perhaps I am in one of those depressive funks and maybe the feeling is just transient and irrational. But if there was something that I thought I could just give a bit of like this blood donation, then maybe I'm not so worthless after all.

Comments

Popular Posts