Memories of April 2023

Hmm. Where do I start? It is Monday again and I am here at my blog with my thoughts. I have been experiencing some form of burnout for the past few weeks now, even if no one else has really noticed. The feeling is like having great anxiety that something needs to be done, and yet I could never muster up enough energy to do it. There have been days (especially when I'm not with my colleagues in office) where I just send out a few critical emails, and then just stare at the screen for an unproductive rest of the day. I feel better today but man, the past weeks have been especially draining. In fact, it has been so draining that I think I am starting to fall into depression. I was really trying to get prepared for the week ahead despite sniffling with a cold the whole of Sunday - This sometimes just happens. I think it is an allergic reaction that usually happens when my immunity is the lowest. No coincidence that these happen when I am most stressed and frustrated.

But life is more than just work. And there have been little moments of joy even in these dark times. Here are some pictures of these moments.

Here is one. I got the house from PIXAR's Up and this just makes me smile. Favourite thing here is the dog (Doug), which is a custom mold.



Mum's 70th birthday. It was special because we made it so. Happy birthday mum! I got her a laptop and it turns out that she is really keen to do stuff on it. This is great because it could have ended up as an expensive paper weight.

Feel a Space Marine in your hands! This is a really nice figure. I had wished it to be bigger to match the scale of my Amazing Yamaguchis but you really can't complain with the quality here.

More Lego! Indiana Jones this time. I'm really running out of space but there are things the heart just wants...



Comments

Popular Posts