Sanctuary

This blog is my place of refuge. I come here when I am broken, distressed and wounded. 

So what brings me here again today? I am not really sure. Things are just piling up and there does not seem to be a moment's respite. I had an okay night's sleep but I still feel tired. It is one-step time again.

I remind myself of this: 

Remember that the Lord loves you.

He will not give you something you do not have the ability to handle.

If you are inadequate, He will provide His strength.

Even if at times you fail and fall short, it isn't forever.

In the midst of life's troubles,

It is easy to forget that life is a gift,

And that everyday that you wake up is an opportunity. 

You are after all playing with house money.

If you are ahead, help someone.

If you are behind, just take one step.

Then another. And another.

And somewhat magically, I feel better again. I need to remind myself of that when times are hard, it is an opportunity to test yourself. It is an opportunity to become better and tougher coming out of it. I have to remind myself I do have a tendency to overthink things, and often, things are not as bad as they seem. I will just enjoy a few moments by myself now to listen to some music and perhaps meditate a little.

All will be well.

Comments

Popular Posts