Strange dream

I just woke up and am feeling a nagging ache on my neck. I had a strange dream and I am not even sure why I am writing this down. Is it because it has been a long time since I blogged? Or was it merely something mildly amusing that I wanted to talk about? Anyway, here is the dream...

This is a two-part dream. In the first part, I am stuck in a (school?) building. The is one sloped path leading out and it is under construction. I cannot remember if it had rained before but the slope was muddy. I walked around seeking a way out. I saw two of my former colleagues (Let's just call them PR and BG) inside this place but I wasn't sure why they were there. I remember walking a lot around looking for a way out. Climb the fence? Nope. Barbed wire. Hey, there is an open gate... No, just a large window. Eventually I took that sloped path out with some others. It wasn't as muddy now, and there were others with me as I got out. I stormed off to a nearby bus stop, eager to be "extracted", which leads to the second part of this dream...

Upon reaching the bus stop, I scanned the unfamiliar environment around. I tried to look at the bus route information but it just wasn't making any sense to me. This was when I got onto a random bus, hoping that it would take me somewhere else (anywhere but here). Somewhere along this story there was a Caucasian couple celebrating their anniversary in Singapore. The man was offering $500 USD to anyone who could give them an unforgettable evening. He obviously completed his previous (romantic) challenge to the cheers of the bus crowd, and here he was, eyes locked with his smiling wife, money in hand. I suppose in situations like this, some people just want to get on with their lives and most of the time, I'm that person. But this time was different. This fool had $500 USD and I was hungry. I took his money and brought them to some local coffee shop seafood place and the accommodating coffee shop auntie came to take our order quickly. Then the food came and there was a lot of it. I just ate till I was full. I remembered that there was a young PAP man there, ready to deliver some speech to the coffee shop patrons. But I did not care. I just ate whatever I liked. I wasn't sure if this was what the anniversary couple was looking for but I can tell you it was unforgettable. I do remember spotting a tinge of disappointment on their faces but I didn't care. I felt like I suckered them for a free meal but hey, they offered.

And there is where this dream ends.


Comments

Popular Posts