First post of 2024 - Life Wheel

First post of 2024 and I won't mince my words - I feel like garbage. I feel quite down and tired, burnt out but I still need to keep going. I'm in survival mode. Fighting each day until I don't have to. Either the situation improves, or I succumb to it.

I suppose the start of the year is a good time to evaluate the parts of your life. I'm using the life wheel for this.

  1. Family and Home - 7/10 Despite the normal familial annoyances, I think this area is doing well. I do have to think about my new "home" in Woodlands and that is another pressure point.
  2. Financial and Career - 6.5/10 I think I'm okay with the money I have now. The problem I have is that work is burning me out and I have no solution for it. Not good ones anyway.
  3. Mental and Educational - 6.5/10 I think this aspect is okay. I do enjoy learning either through Youtube or through Brilliant.
  4. Physical and Health - 5/10 I went from PES A to PES E due to high BP. Still not feeling the ill effects and I have gotten back on my treatment plan so that has to count for something. I feel old. My hair is dropping and my energy levels are low.
  5. Social and Cultural - 4/10 I think I have enough friends (and some great ones) that I'm okay here. With regard to finding a life partner, I rationally think I should just accept my "die alone" certificate and give up. Yet something very primordial inside me drives an instinct that wants to keep trying, even if the situation is more or less hopeless.
  6. Spiritual and Ethical - 3/10 I'm not sure what I believe in now. I have beliefs but I question them all the time.
And there you go, pass I guess but just barely.

Comments

Popular Posts