Missed posting in Feb altogether - CNY, Legos and Goodbye RSAF

This is probably one of those messy blog posts that I just wanted to log. No real structure but I just wanted to put a few memories down. I suppose CNY is one of them. I do enjoy seeing the little ones grow up. Mariel, Yuxing and Yu De all bring some joy to me this CNY. Mariel is holding the CNY Dragon that I made for XX's family, while Yuxing gets to show off the CNY Lego Dragon that I gave him. Yu De? He is just so adorable. I missed some of my friends during this festive period so there is that thyme to ketchup photo. 

There are also some pictures of my growing Lego. Rivendell finally has a home in a proper display box after sitting on my desk for ages. There is the new baby spacemen micro rockets set too.

Finally, there is my MR medal ceremony. I have done my duty and this ends a chapter of my life as a Singaporean son. I have this bitter sweet feeling after this. I am glad that it is over. I am glad that as an Officer, I did not have any tragic incidents that happened on my watch. It was such a constant feature in my last 20 years, going for reservist, IPPT, and then, just like this, it is over. It is a bit surreal, a distant memory that will only grow more distant with time. And all I have is just a watch and a piece of paper to remind me that all this actually happened.

 




Comments

Popular Posts