Monday again...

As usual, it is Monday and the weekend has gone away. Only 4 days in this week though so it is a 4-quarter week with no overtime - something to be glad about. The weekend activities included the following:
  1. Weekend lunch with small uncle and fat uncle at Farrer. I like family lunches. These two uncles have been significant influences in my life and I'm happy to spend some time with them.
  2. Exercise - Did 6 rounds around the block as well as some b-ball shooting practice. Weighed myself and I've gotten down to 70kg now. 2 more to go and I'll be at my pre-NZ weight.
  3. Lego - Bought this delightful Spongebob lego set and it makes me happy to look at it. 
  4. Mass Effect 2 - My fave game OF ALL TIME. Unfortunately, lots of the download stuff did not exactly install smoothly and I spent lots of time trouble shooting to get it to launch properly again. At 12 MN, I succeeded. Was time to go to bed by then.
  5. Filed photos - Filed the photos of my Italian exchange. Finally. Largely forgotten where many of the places were but an important lesson was learnt while looking back: Appreciate what you have. Half the friends I see in those pictures are not in touch any more. Others are there but busy. It was great fun then - was fit, young and good-looking but I kind of took it for granted. Well, my point is that today is as good as any to appreciate what a life we have. And I think I'll feel better about this Monday morning once I do...
This was another weekend without spending time with a friend. I tried though. But gone are the days where you can just grab a friend and hit a pub. It seems like I need to ask a week in advance to get anyone to have a pint with me. Better than the isolation of NZ still.

Comments

Popular Posts