Growing old - mandatory. Growing up - optional.


I have often heard it said to me, "Why can't you grow up?" I wonder how much fun that would be. Moreover, there are little joys to be had in thinking like a child. Little things make you happy. You do what you like. You don't give a shit what others think. Life is a thing to be enjoyed.

I suppose the other side of it is that there must be some balance too. Adult responsibilities need to be met too. Making money, getting a job, building a family etc. I seem so far off the smooth path but then again, maybe that isn't for me. I had heard an excellent TED talk yesterday from the author of 48 Laws of Power, Robert Greene and it does encourage me to know that this successful person went through a crisis of sorts to discover himself. It gives me some sort of hope. And how can I not succeed? If you head down the right direction, you'll definitely get there!

Comments

Popular Posts