The Science Centre and stuff...

Have been away from my blog for some time now and it hasn't been an easy time for me now. I was short-listed for a job interview (attended yesterday) with the Science Centre and decided to go down to check out the exhibits in preparation for the interview. There was a sense of wonder and nostalgia as I toured the Science Centre again. The last time I was there was a really long time ago. Here are some that caught my eye:

 
Left: Fire tornado. This is a live show whereby the fire is drafted up in a spiral tornado that is caused when the fire burns. The hot air rises and the cold air enters from below to fill in the void and thus creating a current. I think it is due to the regular structure containing the fire, that the air moves up in a regular spiral, carrying the fire with it. Cool science!
Right: The Omni Theatre. Haven't been here for a really long time now. Last time I was here was in Henry Park (I think). Saw a great show about the Great White Shark. Stunning camera work.


The Alfred Wallace exhibit. This famed Naturalist travelled to the Amazon and then to SEA to catalog all sorts of species. Here is a more gruesome specimen of an embalmed Orang Utan. Creepy...

Comments

Popular Posts