Perspectives

I need to be careful before this turns into a "life is unfair"rant. The gist of it is this. My job is in jeopardy again. This time I think there isn't anythig I did wrong. Instead I put in excellent performances for my department. Yet I am here again, possibly looking at the 3rd unemployment period in my life. In times like this, I would naturally question myself - Why am I HERE again? Where did I screw up? Did I not work hard enough? Was I not good enough? What should I do next?

Saying life hasn't been a smooth ride is an understatement. But then again I never really had to starve or live in the streets - not even at the worst of times. I have survived. And I am still here. There is still much I want to do and in that, I know I am somewhat closer to my goal. I am not going down that negative path any more (as much as possible). I imagine the sphere that is me. Now the sphere can still be kicked around because it isn't heavy enough to resist the influence of others. At least now, I have imbued enough substance into it that it doesn't get blown about by the whims of others. I have become something. My next goal is to become so massive that I generate my own sphere of influence.

Comments

Popular Posts