Care about what you do - Even if no one cares

Time passes so quickly. It was just one Monday ago where a tragic loss of life happened at a local Singaporean school. Now that the initial shock has dissipated, it seems like people are just going back to the same old grind.

The Olympics are on now in Japan and I am wondering if they should even be on in this COVID pandemic. I thought I wouldn't care at all. It seems frivolous to be doing sports in a time where tons of people are suffering. But then I realized something - For those Athletes, this IS their life. There isn't anything else. They love their sport and train hard for it. They have a passion that translates into tears when they fail, and euphoria when they win. It is very inspiring.

Maybe this world will be a better place if people cared about what they did. While I can't control whether people care about what they do, I can surely care about what I do.

Comments

Popular Posts